Thursday, December 20, 2007

Future Me

Last year on my birthday I wrote myself a letter using Future Me and promptly forgot all about it. The e-mail hit my inbox today. I don't remember writing it, but the letter was very poignant and made me a little bit sad. I had written about all the things I should be doing by now. The sad thing about it is that the majority of the things I told myself I'd do, I haven't done. Now I feel like a giant failure and I'm pretty pissed with myself. Thanks past me...thank you very much. I suppose there is a lesson to be learned. I need to make sure I'm achieving my goals, so actually the letter is a very good kick in the pants. Maybe I should write myself another one. I might write two. One for this time next year and one for mid way during the year, since apparently I'm unable to do anything without motivation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

New Years resolutions are beckoning...

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh don't beat yourself up about such things. Life is about every day. Plans are all well and good but a bit of drifting is good for the soul sometimes. Some people spend all their time thinking about what they will achieve next week, next month etc and don't actually enjoy the time in which they exist.

Happy birthday for yesterday. Poor you having a birthday so close to Christmas.

And happy Christmas too.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Karissa said...

Eep! Resolutions.

I definitely think I have the drifting thing sussed. I'm really very good at it. Oh and having my birthday six days before christmas was worse when I was a kid. I used to get one present and was told they should count for both. Even seven year old me knew this was an injustice.

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home