Wednesday, December 19, 2007

23

Today is my birthday, well for a few more hours at least. Its been a good one, I saw Southland Tales at the cinema, that's a bizarre film. It's the type of film where halfway through you think you understand it and then something happens which throws all your theories out the window and you are back to having no clue what the hell is going on. I was mostly watching it for The Rock, so I spent the entire movie distracted by his muscles.
I also got an iPhone, which I had been excited about for ages. I really wanted one. Although I'm not sure if I actually wanted one or if all the adverts and gadgetry had mesmerised me into thinking that I did. Anyway I was happy. Of course I learn that in order to use the bloody thing I have to sign up to a brand new 18 month contract with O2, a contract which is far more expensive than my current one. I was not best pleased. I'm very economical with my mobile, and quite proud of the fact that my bills are always ridiculously low. So I've been given a choice, either I tie myself down to an evil corporate contract, or I miss out on the latest gadget. They lure you in with promises of surfing the web from your phone and having your ipod, a mini computer and your phone in one, with a pretty touch screen and multiple features and then they slap a contract in front of you which makes you seriously consider signing away your soul. It's all very Faustian, except shallow. It's a good thing I'm not in regular employment or I would probably have signed up. My poverty means that I have no choice but return the beautiful iPhone and buy myself something useful instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, never mind. I tried working an iPhone in carphone warehouse the other day, I have to say it didn't make me want to buy it there and then.

Also, console yourself with the fact that it has no video function ( a must for drunken christmas nights out) and the camera is shocking, no flash, no zoom and impossible to do that thing we all like to do...take a photo of yourself. There's definitely better phones about!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home