Sunday, December 02, 2007

I Love This City

Being out in London this weekend has reminded just how much I actually love it. I think I take the city for granted because I’ve lived here my whole life. But, I don't know if it was the five vodkas or what but I really began to appreciate what a beautiful city London can be. I was sitting in a cab, driving through Marble Arch and I was actually taken aback by the architecture. I'm always complaining about the cold and how I wish I lived by a beach. I didn't realise just how much this place is actually perfect for me. I know where I can get a slice of pizza at three in the morning, I know how much a cab should charge me to get home, I know which areas of London to avoid, I know when I’m being ripped off and I know that I can have a great time just walking along the Embankment and little else. I don't think I could live anywhere else and call it home the way I do here.

Even with its bad points you can’t help but love it. It’s like an annoying boyfriend, who despite being a pig is the only person who gets your lame jokes, or the best friend who always steals your CD’s but knows the only way to cheer you up.

Oh isn’t it great to be a Londoner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home