Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This Girl Can't Drive.

I took my first driving test recently and failed miserably. 19 minors and 3 major faults. Whoops, it's probably a surprise I didn't kill anyone. I was so nervous my leg kept shaking and I couldn't hold the clutch down. Not to mention, I cut in front of someone on a roundabout. I think I need more practice. I don't feel so bad though as almost everyone I know didn't pass their test on the first try. I say almost everyone because my sister passed the first time. According to her driving instructor though she's a natural, apparently careering down residential streets at 40 miles an hour means you're a natural driver.
I celebrated my failure by catching a cold. I'm pretty sure I caught it when I went clubbing on Saturday. I think being cramped in a darkened room with a bunch of sweaty people is sure as hell a breeding ground for germs. I feel awful. I'm going back to bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yowza...yeah 3 majors will do that for ya.

I remember on my test my leg was doing that same crazy thing, jiggling up and down of its own accord. Also I remember doing a very sketchy reverse round the corner, which was at least a meter and a half away from the kerb, but still somehow passing. (first time. sorry). Give it another go, you'll be better next time.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Karissa said...

Thanks. At least I know what it's like now. Learning to drive is so expensive, I think I've spent almost a grand on lessons already. It better be worth it.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How strange. I was sure I left a comment here last week?

How is your cold?

Only the worst drivers pass first time - I did, so I should know. I was useless when I passed. I def needed more lessons. But yes, it is so expensive that it is definitely more convenient to pass the test quickly and learn to drive properly afterwards. Not so safe for the rest of the world though!!

Stick at it - you'll pass next time. Tell us all when your next test is and we can send good luck vibes to you.

Hope you are OK - you've been very quiet!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home