Tuesday, February 14, 2006

You Can Buy Me Flowers

Do you want to know what I got for Valentines day...my period. That's right I'm going to be blunt, I don't give a shit, no time of the month crap for me. I don't care about Valentines day. Stupid Hallmark holiday. Although it would have been nice to get something from someone to show that someone other than a member of my family cares. Still doesn't bother me no, no, no. I went to work today and the gym was practically dead, Tuesday's are usually busy so the staff were attributing the lack of people to Valentines day before speeding off early so they could catch their own trains to coupledom. This stupid Hallmark holiday is haunting me. The final straw was when I was walking up to the newagents (past two restaurants and a cinema) to grab a magazine. Couple after fucking couple. After the 275th couple sauntered by holding hands and making googly eyes at each other I wanted to kick in a window. I must have looked like the spinster of death walking down the road scowling, dressed in black with no make up on and my hair pulled back in a messy ponytail. I swear I saw several women grasp their boyfriends tighter as they caught sight of me 'the alternative'. So no, I don't care about Valentines day, not one single bit.
_______
_______
_______
What I'm Listening To: Veneer by Jose Gonzalez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home