Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Someone Else's Cat


There is a grey tabby cat currently sitting in my garden. It is unabashedly staring at me the thing is, while this cat is suspiciously eyeballing me, I’m smiling because I’ve missed this cat. When I moved into this house almost a year ago, the first thing I noticed was that several of the neighbours’ cats had set up shop in my back garden-three to be exact. They weren’t mine so whenever I saw them I would shoo them away. Just banging on the door would usually do the trick. After I’d done this a couple of times I noticed that all the cats would run away save the grey tabby. This cat would run to the end of the garden with the others, then stop and look at me. I had to open the door and step out in order to get this particular cat to run away. After a while, I couldn’t be bothered to scare it away and it became a regular presence. The cat would sleep in my garden and during the summer I would sit out there while the cat (I’m not sure if it’s a he or a she. I’m gonna go with she, just because) would sleep nearby, we formed a strange companionship this cat and I. I would watch TV and she would sit by the back door and watch me watch TV. Recently however I haven’t seen her probably because its been raining a lot and I heard somewhere that cats don’t like rain. So when I plodded into my room today Frosties in hand and looked up to see the grey tabby watching me, I smiled because although her constant presence irked me at first, I have missed her and her belligerent stare. I also sneakily managed to take a picture. I say sneakily even though she was staring right at me. Hi tabby come back soon.



What I’m Listening to: X&Y by Coldplay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home