Friday, February 03, 2006

My Kind Of Marathon

My Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared DVD's came in the post yesterday so I spent the whole day doing an Undeclared marathon. I watched every episode, all of the extras and even a few commentaries. I had only bought Undeclared because Amazon was doing some sort of deal. I had only seen two episodes previously, they aired at some ungodly hour of the morning on ITV and I would lie in bed and watch them on one of my Vodka and Red Bull comedowns. I never realised how funny the show actually is. I was laughing so hard at the last few episodes I nearly broke something. I fell off my chair at least twice (specifically during the episode 'Eric Visits Again'). If you've never seen it I would almost definitely recommend it to you. It was hilarious (as I am in my last year of University) I found myself pointing things out like 'Oh, I've done that' or 'She reminds me of so and so'. Its refreshing to see such realistic accounts of your first year of higher learning, mostly boredom and booze. Plus the characters are hilarious, loved them all. I went investigating afterwards and it turns out that like my favourite show Freaks & Geeks, Undeclared was horribly cancelled too. Americans. When you actually produce good TV you scrap it. Very confusing for Brits like me who discover these shows only to realise that the episodes are limited. Shame really. I guess I can add Undeclared to my cancelled before its time list. So now I think I might go outside, remind myself what natural light looks like. Maybe take a shower. Sounds like a plan.
____________________
____________________
____________________
What I'm Listening To: Gimme Fiction by Spoon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home