Tuesday, January 17, 2006

You Can have A Housefull Or A Holefull But You Can Never Catch A Bowlfull

My house smells like burning pizza. Because I am stupid. I ordered Dominoes yesterday and I had one peice of pizza left over. I was feeling peckish so I decided to pop it in the oven. Then I promptly turned on my TV and forgot all about it. It was only when I sniffed the air and smelt something odd that it all came crashing back (two hours later). I ran out of my bedroom and (ill advisedly) flung open the oven door, only to be engulfed by plumes of foul smelling smoke. I opened a window and even turned on the extractor fan but the place still smelled foul. I tried spraying air freshener but that only made me choke. I'm really hoping my housemates don't come home any time soon as I'm going to have to explain why their house is full of smoke. Hopefully I'll pass out from the fumes and they'll be far to busy worrying about my unconciousness, that they won't have time to be pissed off. Actually no...I don't want to pass out from smoke inhalation, I take it back. I think that maybe I can handle two girls glaring at me while they try and shake the smell out of their clothing. On the relatively positive side this whole experience has brought up something rather alarming. What the hell happened to our smoke detector? It appears to have left home. The upside is now we know and we can buy a new one, and the next time this happens well, I'll know before it gets out of hand.
***
***
***
What I'm Listening To: Traffic, because my window is wide open and you can hear the cars go by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home