Friday, April 07, 2006

Bad Movie, Guilty Secret.

Romantic comedies are cheesy. They are predictable. Girl meets boy the y fall for each other, have a great time then some complication arises which causes them to have to spend time apart mooning over one another, then they finally reconcile often at an airport/bus stop/train station/wedding/street/place of work (delete as applicable). They share their big kiss as the inspirational music rises to a crescendo. Like I said romantic comedies are awful, they are cheesy they are predictable and guess what I LOVE THEM. Love, love love. I don't care that they are awful. I just want to be entertained and even your lamest romantic comedy can do that. I don't even mind that they are emotionally manipulative, I enjoy it. I laugh, I cry, I pray for the main characters to get back together during that inevitable separation period. I can be such a girl when it comes to romantic comedies and I am damned proud of it. But do you want to know something else, for every cheesy romantic comedy, there's a cheesy 70's kung fu flick. Hiii Cha!!
__
__
__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home